1. Which websites can I use to stream my production?
Currently, the only approved platform to stream Broadway Licensing shows is ShowShare by Broadway on Demand. For more information click HERE.
2. What is ShowShare?
ShowShare is a streaming platform offered by Broadway On Demand. Utilizing top of the line security features, ShowShare provides high quality streaming for amateur and professional productions. For more information click HERE.
3. How do I order ShowShare?
When you are submitting your licensing request for a show with streaming rights available, simply select ShowShare as an additional product that you would like to purchase.
Your licensing rep may reach out to you with further questions regarding your streaming plans.
4. Which shows have streaming rights available?
For the current list of shows with streaming rights available, click HERE.
This list is being updated regularly, so check back for added titles.
5. What do I do if I want to stream a show and it is not listed as having the streaming rights available?
If you want to stream show that is not listed as having streaming rights available, please feel free to reach out to your licensing representative or email us at [email protected] with your request. Please be as detailed as possible regarding your streaming plans as we will be checking with the rights-holders.
As soon as we have additional information, we will let you know.
6. How much does ShowShare cost?
ShowShare pricing is based on your organization type as well as the type of show you are streaming. Please see the chart below for more information:
7. What do I get when I purchase ShowShare?
When you purchase ShowShare with a Broadway Licensing title you get a streaming licensing rider, which gives you the rights to stream your production and you get the platform to stream your production.
8. If I purchase ShowShare do I still have to license the performance rights?
Yes. You will need to license as many performances as you plan to stream and pay the applicable royalty fees for those performances.
9. Can I sell tickets using ShowShare?
Yes. ShowShare is pay-per-view streaming so you will absolutely be able to sell tickets to your audience.
10. How much are the ticket/pay-per-view prices?
You determine your own base ticket fees. ShowShare then adds standard ticketing fees. Please see the ticketing fee chart below:
- 0-$10 (base ticket price) = $2.95 per ticket fee
- $10.01-$15 (base ticket price) = $3.95 per ticket fee
- $15.01 – $20.00 (base ticket price) = $4.95 per ticket fee
- $20.01 – $25.00 (base ticket price) = $5.95 per ticket fee
- $25.01 – $30.00 (base ticket price) = $6.95 per ticket fee
- $30.01 – $40.00 (base ticket price) = $7.95 per ticket fee
- $40+ (base ticket price) = $8.95 per ticket fee
11. Can I sell my pay-per-view tickets through another ticketing partner?
If you are a professional or community theatre, yes, you can sell your ShowShare tickets through another party. However, the per ticket fees do still apply.
For schools (college and below), you must use ShowShare to sell your pay-per-view tickets.
12. Do I have to pay royalty fees from my pay-per-view ticketing box office?
Yes. For amateur theatres, 10% of the gross box office from the base ticket price is automatically deducted by Broadway on Demand and paid directly to Broadway Licensing. In other words, Broadway On Demand will do your box office reports for you.
For professional theatres, the full gross box office from the base ticket price is paid back to the theatre. The theatre is then required by their performance licensing agreement to submit full box office reports and pay any additional royalties as outlined in the performance licensing agreement.
13. What technology do my viewers need in order to view my streamed production?
ShowShare can be viewed on Broadway on Demand using desktop or laptop computers, iPhone or iPad, Apple TV or a Roku player.
Android, Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV are forthcoming.
14. I have many more questions. Where can I get answers?